Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Gift That Keeps On Giving





The weeks between November 26th and December 25th are simply the most magical of the year in my opinion. Nightfall begins earlier (we happen to be fans of the end of Daylight Savings Time here at 5s), holiday lights begin to pop up around the city and even the poker-faced residents of Boston seem to have an extra spring in their step. Everyone, it seems, gets their much-needed emotional booster shot during this time of year. Along with the festivities of Thanksgiving and Christmas to look forward to, my mother, sister and I share birthdays that fall within days of each other beginning on November 24th, so I’ve been thinking about what gifts to give (and receive!) lately. The latest item on my list: Coffee Table Books. Affordable, entertaining and mini-works of art, they can be displayed for years to come on obvious placements like the coffee table, or my personal favorite, grouped together and stacked high on the ground. I’m proud to say I’ve acquired quite a collection! Here are a few on my wish list this year: (hint hint)





No comments:

Post a Comment