Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tinsel Town






Now that Thanksgiving is behind me, I’ve moved right into Christmas-mode and have already started unwrapping my boxes of ornaments! This year, the big debate has been whether to get the classic Evergreen, or mix it up a bit with a retro-style aluminum tree? I have to admit, I used to think that any kind of fake tree (Christmas or otherwise) was tacky…but after flipping through this month’s Martha Stewart Magazine, I was amazed at how en vogue these vintage decorations have become! Oh Martha….if only we all had your touch. Inspired (but a bit deflated from my lack of creativity next to Martha’s) I began researching , and found that there are hundreds of amazingly chic options for decorating this faux-fir. Now that I'm a convert...I'll be purchasing this year's tree courtesy of Ebay, which has a plethora of nostalgic options! Here are a few of my favorite decorations for my new holiday look:







No comments:

Post a Comment